Different fingerprint import result after upgrade 5.8.5 to 5.9.2 (Vista -> Win7) - ThinkPad
- Clean install Windows Vista 64-bit SP1 on your system. Create only one admin account "v64" in Windows.
- Logon that admin user and clean install TFS18.104.22.16853 on Vista and restart.
- Logon that admin and and enroll one finger Finger A.
- Upgrade Windows Vista to Windows 7.
- Upgrade install TFS22.214.171.12480 on Windows 7 and restart.
- Logon that admin and enroll another finger Finger B.
- Click the Import/Export button and export current user's template.
- And then export all user's template once (though current only one user existed in Windows).
- Click Import/Export > Current user > Import user to import current user's template (created on step 7).
- Login Control centre.
Problem: Only Finger A is imported successfully. But B not imported.
- Login Control centre and then import all user's template (created on step 8). Choose yes to restart.
- Try to logon by Finger B. Can logon normally. Login control centre and can find both Finger A and Finger B is marked.
Any of the following ThinkPad systems configured with Upek fingerprint reader:
- T400s, T410, T410s
- W510, W701, W701ds
- X210, X210s, X210 tablet
Re-enroll fingerprint under Windows 7 or export all user's template instead of export current user's template.
Legacy Document ID
: 03 Oct 2013
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved