8 cell batteries does not charge greater than 46% - ThinkPad X200 Tablet and X201 Tablet
- Customer may report or notice that their 8-cell battery (FRU 42T4827 or 42T4658) stopped charging and will not charge beyond approximately 46% listed on the power gauge.
- Discharge and re-charge cycle will properly cycle and will report fully charge battery.
Any of the following ThinkPad system:
- X200 Tablet (MT 2263, 2266, 4184, 7448, 7449, 7450, 7453)
- X201 Tablet (MT 0053, 0831, 2985, 3093, 3113, 3144, and 3239)
Battery FRU 42T4827 or 42T4658 are the 8-cell battery affected. The battery is not failing it does not need to be replaced.
Update BIOS and ECP to the latest level to resolve this issue. Minimum levels are listed below.
If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please do try the following options:
1. Lenovo Assisted Search
2. Product usage and general troubleshooting tips
3. Lenovo Support Forum
4. Technical Support Call Centre
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved