IBM Software Delivery Center is a comprehensive, Web-based, software distribution solution for ThinkPad, ThinkCentre, and NetVista computers. This solution does not require a high level of IT expertise to get started and to manage and leverage existing and proven technology.
A 60 day trial version and an update version are available for download.
Note: The update version requires the purchase and installation of the previous version.
The solution consists of two primary components:
- A client agent is used on systems as a way to pull down software from a centralized server-based repository. The agent is available for ThinkPad, ThinkCentre, and NetVista client systems.(1)
- A centralized data repository. Additional distribution point licenses are available for customers who need copies of the database in distributed locations.
Software Delivery Center provides catalog builder technology that is also available in Software Delivery Assistant V2.0. The catalog builder allows software to be distributed on CD for clients that may not be network connected. Software Delivery Assistant is available separately for download for ThinkPad, ThinkCentre, and NetVista systems.
(1) Rights to install the agent on a ThinkPad, ThinkCentre, and NetVista computer are included with the purchase of a ThinkPad, ThinkCentre, and NetVista computer.
As with most other ThinkVantage Technologies, Software Delivery Center is optimized for use on ThinkPad, ThinkCentre, and NetVista computers with the client license included in the purchase price. In special circumstances, client licenses may be made available for use with other PCs through the special bid process. Contact your representative for further details.
Consider the following when using this code:
The Software Delivery Center program is set up to use port 80, which conflicts with Internet Information Services (IIS) provided by the operating system. Before you install the Software Delivery Center program, disable IIS on the server to avoid this conflict. .
- ThinkPad A31, A31p
- ThinkPad G40
- ThinkPad R30, R31, R32, R40, R40e, R50, R50p
- ThinkPad T23, T30, T40, T40p, T41, T41p, T42, T42p
- ThinkPad X22, X23, X24, X30, X31, X40
- ThinkCentre A30 (type 2296, 8191, 8198, 8199, 8316, 8434)
- ThinkCentre A50 (type 8084, 8085, 8126, 8147, 8148, 8149, 8174, 8175, 8176, 8177, 8178, 8179, 8089, 8090, 8320, 8419)
- ThinkCentre A50p (type 8192, 8193, 8194, 8195, 8196, 8197, 8432, 8433)
- ThinkCentre A51 (type 8424, 8425, 8428)
- ThinkCentre A51p (type 8420, 8421, 8422, 8423, 8426, 8427)
- ThinkCentre M50 (type 8185, 8186, 8187, 8188, 8189, 8190, 8413, 8414, 8415, 8430, 8431)
- ThinkCentre M51 (type 8141, 8142, 8143, 8144, 8145, 8146)
- ThinkCentre S50 (type 8086, 8087, 8088, 8183, 8184, 8416, 8417, 8418, 8429)
- ThinkCentre S51 (type 8171, 8172, 8173)
- NetVista (type 2273, 2289, 2292, 6043, 6343, 6349, 6350, 6790, 6791, 6792, 6793, 6794, 6795, 6823, 6824, 6825, 6826, 8181, 8182, 8301, 8303, 8304, 8305, 8306, 8307, 8308, 8309, 8310, 8311, 8312, 8313,
8314, 8315, 8317, 8318, 8319)
- Intel Pentium® 3 processor
- 512 MB of RAM minimum
For best performance, use 1GB of RAM.
- CD-ROM drive
- 200MB of free hard disk space
- One of the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server with Service Pack 4 or higher
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003
- Apache Tomcat Web Application Server v4.1.30
- Internet Explorer Web browser (6.0+)
- A network connection (for client access and remote administration)
- Internet access for the downloading of files during installation
The Software Delivery Center program requires the Apache Tomcat Web Application Server version 4.1.30 zip file to be available on the server at installation time. Apache Tomcat v4.1.30 can be downloaded from
- Microsoft Windows 2000 or Microsoft Windows XP
- Network connection (TCP/IP)
- Internet Explorer Web browser (6.0+)
Create a directory on the server as C:\Tomcat4. Download and place the jakarta-tomcat-4.1.30.zip file in the C:\Tomcat4 directory. The installation program will unzip and install Tomcat during the installation of the Software Delivery Center program.Software Delivery Center is a competitive and cost-effective Web-based solution. It provides increased flexibility in software distribution methods. This solution can integrate easily with a customer's current infrastructure.
For technical support: