If you have a TSST TS-H653F DVD-Writer and you have recently upgraded your operating system from Microsoft Windows XP or Windows Vista to Windows 7, Lenovo recommends applying this firmware upgrade.
Any of the following systems but not limited to the following systems:
- ThinkCentre A57e, A58, A63, A70z, M58e, M90, M90p
- ThinkPad R400, R500, SL300, SL400, SL400c, SL500, SL500c, T400, T400s, T410, T410s, T500, T510, W500, W510, W700, W700ds, W701, X301, X200, X200s, X200 Tablet
- ThinkStation S10, S20, D10, D20, E20
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Note: The systems optical drive software is one of the following:
- WinDVD 8 SD
- WinDVD 8 Blu-ray
The Lenovo specification for WinDVD 8 does not include MP3 audio playback. The expected behavior is that MP3 files cannot be played.
MP3 files will not play in later versions of WinDVD. Systems of same model type and different manufacture date can have different behavior with MP3 files. If a Lenovo service update is applied, existing MP3 function may be removed.
The WinDVD help files may indicate that WinDVD can play MP3 audio files. WinDVD help files are generic and support all OEM versions. Possible format support is indicated regardless of included functionality.
None. Working as designed. Do not replace any hardware.
This is a limitation of the Lenovo version of WinDVD.
Use Windows Media Player or other program to listen to MP3 audio files.