Never remove the cover on a power supply or any part that has the following label attached.
Hazardous voltage, current, and energy levels are present inside any component that has this label attached. There are no serviceable parts inside these components.
To replace the power supply:
1. Remove the four screws at the rear of the chassis that secure the power supply.
2. Open the computer cover. See "Opening the computer cover"
3. Pivot the drive bay assembly upward to gain access to the power supply.
4. Locate the power supply. See "Locating components"
5. Disconnect the power supply cables from the power connectors 1 and 2 and from all drives.
Note: You might need to remove the hard disk drive to gain easy access to the power connector 2. See "Replacing the hard disk drive"
6. Remove the power supply cables from the cable clips and ties.
7. Slide the power supply away from the chassis and remove it from the computer.
8. Install the new power supply into the chassis so that the screw holes in the power supply align with those in the chassis.
Note: Use only the screws provided by Lenovo
9. Install and tighten the four screws at the rear of the chassis to secure the power supply.
10. Check the position of the voltage-selection switch on the rear of the computer. Use a ballpoint pen to slide the switch, if necessary.
Note: Some computers do not have a voltage-selection switch. These computers automatically control the voltage.
- If the voltage supply range is 100–127 V AC, set the switch to 115 V.
- If the voltage supply range is 200–240 V AC, set the switch to 230 V.
11. Reconnect all the power supply cables to the drives and the system board.
12. Go to "Completing the FRU replacement"