For information about Windows XP Service Pack 3 and to obtain installation instructions, visit the Microsoft Web site: www.microsoft.com.
The following list shows current ThinkPad and Lenovo 3000 notebook systems that support Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3). Before installing Windows XP Service Pack 3, make sure that your system is on this list:
- ThinkPad X series X31, X32, X40, X41, X41 Tablet, X60, X60s, X60 Tablet, X61, X61s, X61 Tablet
- ThinkPad T series T41, T41p, T42, T42p, T43, T43p, T60, T60p, T61, T61p
- ThinkPad R series R50, R50e, R50p, R51, R51e, R52, R60, R60e, R61, R61e, R61i
- ThinkPad Z series Z60m, Z60t, Z61m, Z61e, Z61p, Z61t
- ThinkPad G series G50
- Lenovo 3000 notebook series C200, N100, V100, N200, V200
Things to confirm before installing Windows XP SP3
This site contains a set of Hints and tips which documents special requirements or considerations you may encounter during Windows XP Service Pack 3 installation and operation on your system. In most cases, your system (if included in the list above) will have no problem with Windows XP Service Pack 3. However, before you start the installation, we recommend that you make sure your system is using the latest BIOS and Drivers.
Click here to check and obtain the latest BIOS and Drivers for your system.
Prior to installing any updates, you should backup your data and ensure your system is connected to an AC outlet and has a fully charged battery.
Preloaded Applications Considerations
The following preloaded applications may experience issues after updating to Windows XP Service Pack 3:
General hints and tips about ThinkPad and Lenovo 3000 notebook systems