CMOS battery removal and installation - ThinkCentre A57 (type 9702, 9708, 9789, 9851), M57e (type 9356, 9357, 9439, 9488, 9948)
This procedure describes how to remove and replace the CMOS battery.
If the CMOS battery fails, the date, time, and configuration information (including passwords) are lost. An error message is displayed when you turn on the computer.
Refer to "Safety notices" for information about replacing and disposing of the battery.
When replacing the lithium battery, use only Part Number 33F8354 or an equivalent type battery recommended by the manufacturer.
- Remove the computer cover. See "Cover removal".
- Locate the battery. See the system board illustration for your machine type at "Locating system board connectors".
- You might have to remove any PCI adapters that impede access to the battery.
- Remove the old battery.
- Install the new battery.
- Replace any PCI adapters that were removed.
Note: When the computer is turned on for the first time after battery replacement, an error message might be displayed. This is normal after replacing the battery.
- Go to "Completing the FRU replacement".
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved