System BIOS may not detect USB3.0 HDD devices as a bootable media at system power on - ThinkPad W510
System BIOS may not detect USB3.0 HDD devices as a bootable media at system power on. As the result, ThinkPad W510 system may not boot operating system from an USB3.0 HDD device.
The following ThinkPad system
To disable "Always On USB" feature makes the system BIOS to detect USB3.0 HDD devies as bootable media.
Follow the below steps to disable "Always On USB" feature
- Boot the system and go into BIOS Setup Utility by pressing F1 key during ThinkPad logo displayed.
- Select Config item and press Enter key.
- Select USB item and press Enter key.
- Select Always On USB and press Enter key, then select Disabled.
- Press F10 key to save changes and exit BIOS Setup Utility.
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved