- Analog Devices AD1881A
- AC97 2.1 compatible
- Speaker technology
- Volume up, down, and mute buttons
- Two audio jacks:
- One for external stereo speakers or headphone
- One for an external microphone
- 86 key keyboard with embedded numeric keypad and integrated TrackPoint(TM) with enhanced features.
- 90 DBCS key keyboard with embedded numeric keypad and integrated TrackPoint(TM) with enhanced features for Japanese systems.
- ThinkPad button, ThinkLight which illuminates the keyboard in low light conditions. (Activate via Fn+PgUp key)
- Keyboard has 4 EZ-Keys.
- One ThinkPad button, allowing one-touch entry into Access ThinkPad
- Three audio volume control buttons: mute, increase volume, decrease volume
- The keyboard has a Fn key which is a special key and is located in the lower left corner. The Fn key allows the user to instantly activate the following operational features by pressing the Fn key and a designated function key:
- Switching between Display device
- 64-bit Double Data Rate (DDR) non-parity SDRAM memory
- PC2100 at 266MHz
- Two 200 pin SO-DIMM memory slots, one slot is pre-populated with 256MB, leaving one socket available
- Supports up to two 512MB SDRAM SO DIMMs
- Supports maximum memory up to 1.0GB
- All systems come with TrackPoint(R) with Press-to-Select, Internet scroll, and magnifying glass features for accurate and convenient control
- Dual-mode, high-performance Mobile Intel(R) Mobile Pentium(R) 4 Processor-M at 1.6GHz, 1.8GHz, 2.0GHz
- Enhanced Intel SpeedStep(TM) technology
- 512 KB onboard L2 cache memory
- 400MHz front side bus
- IR transceiver for wireless file and data transfer and printing.
- Speeds up to 4Mbps.
- Compatible with the Infrared Data Association (IrDA) IR data link specification
- Located on the front of the system
Note: Public network download speeds are limited to 53kbps. Upload speeds are limited to 48Kbps. Actual speeds depend on many factors and are often less than the maximum stated.
- Selected models as either a communication daughter card (CDC) or as a Mini PCI card combo card with Intel wireless
- K56Flex v.92
- 10/100 Ethernet installed on systems via the system board
- Selected models will have Intel Wireless via Mini PCI combo cards
- Selected models will have CISCO Mini PCI card
- One, integrated, easy-loading modular Ultrabay(TM) 2000 Plus
- One Mini PCI IIIb slot (not CRU)
- One CDC slot (not CRU)
- Two USB ports version 1.1
- One parallel (EPP, ECP) compatible
- Additional connector supports the optional Port Replicator and dock
- Two audio ports
- One for external stereo speakers or headphone
- One for microphone-in
- S-Video out
- Built-in RJ-11 and RJ-45 connectors for telephony and LAN connections
Note: There is no Serial or PS/2 port but they can be obtained by getting the optional ThinkPad Port Replicator or ThinkPad Dock.
- Conforms to the PC Card Standard 95
- The Type III slot can accommodate one Type I, one Type II, or one Type III PC card
- Both 16-bit and 32-bit cards are supported.
- PCMCIA 2.1 standard
- No zoom video support
- Width: 313mm (12.3in)
- Depth: 254mm (10.0in)
- Height: 38mm (1.50in)
- Travel weight is 2.5kg (5.6lb) with travel bezel.
- Configured system weight will vary by model and the range is 2.6kg (5.9lb) to 2.7kg (6.2lb).
Note: These weights indicate the weight of models without wireless function. The weight of wireless models is 20g (0.045lb) heavier than models without wireless function.
- Battery pack (Li-Ion): 327 g (0.721 lb)
Note: All weight and dimensions are approximate.
- Heat dissipation: 245 btu/hr maximum
- Heat emissions: 72 watts maximum
- FCC Class-B certified to comply with FCC Rules, Part 15
- VCCI Class B
- CSA C22.2 No. 950
- MPR-II (Sweden)
- CE Mark
- CCIB (for China)
- CCEE (for China)
- Environment approval listings
- AC adapter: This ac-to-dc converter supplies the necessary power to the computer. The ac adapter also charges the battery pack when it is installed in the computer.
- Universal AC adapter (72 W):
- Input is 100/240V AC, 1.5/0.9A, 50/60Hz
- Output is 16 V dc, 4.5 A
- The battery pack is an internal power source to the computer when the ac adapter is not available. The battery pack is rechargeable and is charged using the ac adapter with the system.
- You can determine how much battery power remains by using the fuel- gauge ThinkPad utility program, which displays the percent charge remaining.
- A different Li-Ion battery pack fits into the Ultrabay Plus so that two batteries can be installed to increase battery operating time.
- A six-cell Li-Ion battery pack is shipped with the system.
- Li-Ion battery pack: 10.8V, 4.0AH
- Approximate operation and charging hours are:
- Power off/suspend charging (*1): 3hr
- Charging during operation (*1)(*2): 3.5hr
- Battery operation (*2):
- Li-Ion without wireless 3.1 hours
- Li-Ion with wireless 2.9 hours
- (*1) Recharge time also varies.
- (*2) These model numbers achieved eTesting Labs, Inc.'s BatteryMark(TM) 4.0.1Battery Rundown Time of the times shown above. This test was per- formed without independent verification by eTesting Labs, Inc.; eTesting Labs, Inc. makes no representations or warranties as to these test re- sults. BatteryMark is a trademark of Ziff Davis Publishing Holdings Inc., an affiliate of eTesting Labs Inc., in the U.S. and other countries. A description of the environment under which the test was per- formed is available at: www.ibm.com/pc/ww/thinkpad/batterylife.html
- Security Chip on selected models
- Locking device in the security slot provides physical security.
- The Embedded Security Subsystem (TCPA compliant) provides for authentication and encryption of data communications. The integrated 802.11b wireless lets you connect to a LAN without wires or cables. To connect to the Internet, the optional High Rate Wireless Access Point 500 and an Internet phone number are required.
- A Power-on password(POP) protects the system from unauthorized use. If a POP is set, the password prompt appears:
- Each time the system is turned on
- When the system is returned to normal operation from suspend mode
- A Supervisor Password provides a higher level of security than the POP. The Supervisor Password protects the system functions from being used by unauthorized users,and protects the hardware configuration from unauthorized modification. The Supervisor Password prompt appears:
- When the BIOS setup screen is accessed.
- A hard drive Password (HDP) protects hard drive data from unauthorized users. Once HDP is set, data on the hard drive cannot be accessed without the correct HDP. Because the HDP is stored in the hard drive, the data remains protected even if the hard drive is removed to another system. The HDP password prompt appears:
- Each time the system is turned on
|The following operating systems are supported on the ThinkPad R32 systems: |
Note: Previous versions of these operating systems are not supported.
- Microsoft Windows 98 Gold
- Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition
- Microsoft Windows 2000
- Microsoft Windows NT 4
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
- 8X, 24X, 8X write speed of CD-R media
- Only included with some systems
- Available via Ultrabay 2000 or USB
|Hard drive features|
- Supported hard drive thickness:
- 12.5 mm for systems without the touch pad
- 9.5mm for systems with the touch pad
- Standard 20GB, 30GB, 40GB hard drive sizes.
- Supports one additional hard drive which can be used concurrently to offer expanded storage via Ultrabay 2000
- S.M.A.R.T technology to issue an alert if a hardware failure is pending
- ATA Bus Interface
- 5400 rpm
- Although you can upgrade the hard drive, it is not designed to be removed and reinserted on a regular basis. Repeated and frequent removal, for purposes other than to upgrade for greater capacity, can cause damage to the system. The Ultrabay 2000 hard drive adapter is designed to provide this flexibility with a second hard drive in the Ultrabay 2000
Depending on model:
- 358.1-mm (14.1-in) TFT with 1024 x 768 resolution.
|Video chipset: |
- ATI Mobility Radeon 7000
- AGP 4X
- 16MB DDR-SDRAM
- 66MHz bus
|16MB ATI 7000 Mobility RADEON|
|Resolution||LCD Color depth|
|Resolution||External Monitor Color depth|
* Supports 60, 75, and 85 Hz refresh rates
*1 Only supports 64K color depth in 75 and 85 Hz refresh rates.