Mini PCI removal movie - ThinkPad X40, X41
Mini PCI installation movie
To remove the battery pack:
- Turn the computer off or enter hibernation mode.
- Then, disconnect the AC adapter and all cables from the computer.
- Close the computer display and turn the computer over.
- Slide battery latch number one to the unlocked position.
- While holding spring-loaded latch number two in the unlocked position, slide out the battery pack.
Here is a closer look at battery latch one.
To remove a mini PCI card:
- Loosen the three captive screws on the access panel, and lift it off.
- Disconnect the auxiliary antenna cable and the main antenna cable.
- Then, release the latches, and lift the card out of the connector.
- Place the card on the ESD mat.
Note that various mini PCI cards are available depending on the model.
ThinkPad movie index
View detailed Mini PCI card installation and removal instructions
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training.
If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please do try the following options:
1. Lenovo Assisted Search
2. Product usage and general troubleshooting tips
3. Lenovo Support Forum
4. Technical Support Call Centre
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved