The ThinkPad 570, the newest notebook computer from IBM, follows the acclaimed ThinkPad 560 and establishes a new standard for no-compromise, ultraportable computers.
Weighing approximately 1.83 kg (4 lb) (1), including battery, and 26.65 mm (1.0 in) or 27.94 mm (1.1 in) thin(2), depending on model, the ThinkPad 570 is the perfect computer for the mobile professional. It's also two great notebook computers in one -- the ThinkPad 570 UltraBase and available options transform the ultraportable machine into a great all-in-one notebook.
- Intel Pentium II processors at 366 MHz(3), 333 MHz, and 300PE MHz
- Accelerated Graphics Port (AGP)
- Big, bright 338 mm (13-in) and 307 mm (12.1-in) TFT active matrix displays
- Full-sized key keyboard with enhanced TrackPoint with Press-to-Select and scroll bar
- 64 MB of SDRAM memory, expandable to 192 MB using memory options from IBM.
- 2.5 MB high-performance VRAM for vibrant colors and pictures
- Large 6.4 GB(4) or 4.0 GB customer-removable hard disk drive (HDD)
- Integrated data/fax 56K/14.4 Kbps(5) V.90 modem
- Windows 98(6) or Windows NT 4.0 installed with selected applications(7)
The ThinkPad 570 offers excellent performance and versatility in a light, superslim package. Whether on the road or in your office, the ThinkPad 570 system delivers the computing capability you demand when and where you need it.
- UltraBase expansion unit with stereo speakers
- UltraslimBay CD-ROM, DVD, LS 120, and HDD adapter
- Optional Port Replicator with Advanced EtherJet feature (requires UltraBase or Direct Dock Adapter)
- Additional Li-Ion battery
- 10 GB HDD (requires adapter)
- Additional memory in 32 MB, 64 MB, and 128 MB SDRAM modules
(1) Actual weight may vary depending on features, vendor components, or manufacturing process. See Physical Specifications for approximate weight with system components and some options.
(2) Thickness may vary at certain points on the system
(3) MHz only measures microprocessor internal clock speed, not application performance. Many factors affect application performance.
(4) GB equals one billion bytes referring to the hard disk. Actual capacity may vary.
(5) Designed to be capable of receiving data at up to 56 Kbps with or K56Flex V.90 compatible phone line and server equipment and transmitting at up to 31.2 Kbps. Public networks currently limit download speeds to about 53 Kbps. Actual speeds vary and are often less than the maximum.
(6) ThinkPad notebooks are delivered with Windows 98 preloaded on the hard disk and a Windows 98 recovery CD in the box. For customers who prefer Windows 95, a Windows 95 recovery CD is also included for installation of Windows 95. Installing Windows 95 removes Windows 98.
(7) Some software may differ from its retail version, if any, and may not include user manuals or all program function. Diskette and hardcopy available at an extra charge.
IBM and ThinkPad, are registered trademarks of International Business Machines Corporation in the United States or other countries or both.
ConfigXprt is a trademark of IBM.
Microsoft and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
Intel and Pentium are registered trademarks of Intel Corporation.
Other trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
At a glance
The slim, lightweight ThinkPad 570 system features a large 338 mm (13.3-in) TFT or 307 mm (12.1-in) TFT (measured diagonally) color LCD display.
Packed with power and function, it includes these features:
- Mobile Pentium II processors at 366 MHz, 333 MHz, and 300PE MHz, with 256 KB on-board cache
- Accelerated Graphics Port (AGP)
- 64 MB of SDRAM standard, expandable to 192 MB
- High-capacity 6.4 GB or 4.0 GB, customer-removable HDD standard with password protection
- Web, LAN, and infrared communications
- Enhanced TrackPoint with Press-to-Select and scroll bar
- Full parallel and serial ports for peripheral connections
- Built-in 16-bit stereo audio supports Sound Blaster audio applications
- Windows 98(1) or Windows NT 4.0 and selected applications(2)
- Optional UltraBase expansion unit with stereo speakers
- Optional Port Replicator with Advanced EtherJet feature
- Three-year limited warranty
ThinkPad 570 Features
Large 338-mm (13.3-in) TFT LCD or 307-mm (12.1-in) TFT measured diagonally) with 1024 x 768 or 800 x 600 resolution display provides excellent viewing.
570 Models (2.5 MB of VRAM)
TFT - LCD
|640 x 480||16M||16M||16M||N/A||16M|
|800 x 600||16M||16M||16M||N/A||16M|
|1024 x 768 *1||16M||16M||16M||16M||16M|
|1280 x 1024 *2||256||N/A||N/A||N/A||256|
*1: Virtual screen mode on 12.1-in LCD
*2: Virtual screen mode on both 13.3-in and 12.1-in LCD
Keyboard and TrackPoint with enhanced features
The keyboard has the familiar layout of a ThinkPad notebook with function keys that allow you to quickly access system functions, such as power management control.
The TrackPoint with Press-to-Select enhanced features incorporates Press-to-Select and Release-to-Select. Just tap the TrackPoint to speed icon launches and reduce keystrokes.
Mobile Pentium(R) II processors at 366 MHz(1), 333 MHz, or 300PE MHz, depending on model, for exceptional performance.
Uses non-parity 64-bit SDRAM memory. Standard 64 MB can be expanded to a maximum of 192 MB. Only the ThinkPad 64-bit 32 MB, 64 MB, or 128 MB SDRAM SO DIMMs 3.3 V, 144-pin, non-parity memory options, or equivalent, can be used.
The Type III slot accommodates either two Type I, two Type II, or one Type III 16-bit PC card or 32-bit CardBus options. It also supports ZV Port options.
The 6.4 GB or 4.0 GB HDD with password protection is standard. An external 1.44 MB FDD is also standard.
All models support Sound Blaster audio applications. Systems are equipped with jacks for external stereo speakers or headphone and external microphone.
Accelerated Graphics Port (AGP) support with video acceleration and 2.5 MB of video RAM for exceptional video performance.
On-board, industry standard port for high-speed peripherals such as video cameras.
IR transceiver for wireless file and data transfer and printing. The ThinkPad 570 systems are designed to be compatible with the Infrared Data Association (IrDA) IR data link specification Version 1.1. They support IrDA 1.1 mode (from 115 Kbps to 4 Mbps).
Preinstalled software provides wireless file transfer, file synchronization, clipboard data transfer, printing, and data exchange with ThinkPads. With the IR feature, data can be exchanged with any system, accessories, or PDAs with the same specifications and data transfer speed. Separate purchase of the appropriate hardware and software may be required to support IR communications with other than IBM systems.
These systems have the full complement of ports:
- Enhanced parallel
- External display