The ThinkServer(TM) EasyUpdate Firmware Updater program (hereinafter referred to as Firmware Updater) detects and installs the available updates on the CD or DVD. It enables you to maintain your server firmware up-to-date and helps you avoid unnecessary outages.
- ThinkServer RD330 (type 3072, 3073, 3074, 4302, 4304, 4305)
- ThinkServer RD430 (type 3057, 3059, 3061, 3064, 3065, 3069, 3070, 3071, 4306)
- ThinkServer RD530 (type 2569, 2570, 2573, 2574, 2575, 2576)
- ThinkServer RD630 (type 2577, 2579, 2592, 2593, 2594, 2595)
To update the server firmware using Firmware Updater, do the following:
- Go to the Lenovo(R) Support Web site at http://www.lenovo.com/support to download the latest Firmware Updater ISO image, and burn the CD or DVD from the ISO image.
- Insert the CD or DVD into the CD or DVD drive of the server. Firmware Updater will start automatically and the Welcome window opens.
Note: Before inserting the CD or DVD, make sure that you have changed the boot sequence to booting from the CD or DVD drive in the BIOS.
- Select a preferable language and click OK. Then the Welcome window is displayed.
- Click Next, and a list of available firmware updates is displayed. From the list, you can select which firmware to be updated.
- By default, if a later or same version of the firmware exists on your computer, then this firmware will not be selected. If you want to select this item, a message will be displayed to remind you whether to proceed the update process. If you click Yes, this firmware update will be selected.
- By default, some firmware needs to be updated at the same time. Once one of the firmware updates is selected or cleared, then others will be selected or cleared accordingly.
- Click Next to begin the update process.
- Wait for the update process to complete, which will take up to 30 minutes. Then click Next and the results window opens.
- After reviewing the update results, remove the CD or DVD from the CD or DVD drive of the server, and restart the server to make the firmware updates take effect.