Wake on LAN (WOL) may not work without installing the full network driver package - ThinkCentre M58, M58p
Wake on LAN may not work properly unless the Proset utility is installed along with the latest driver for the onboard network adapter.
The above symptom may occur on the following systems but not limited to only these listed below:
- ThinkCentre M58 (type 7174, 7187, 7244)
- ThinkCentre M58p (type 7220, 7227, 7188)
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
- Microsoft Windows 7, all versions
Once Proset is installed, you have various tabs under the Network Properties as shown below.
Changes need to be made to the Power Management tab by selecting the "Wake on Magic Packet from power off state" check box.
Download the latest driver package from the support site for your M58/M58p system.
- Extract the package, execute Autorun.exe, and select the Install Drivers and Software option and follow the prompts on the screen.
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved