Included QFE and the description are listed as below:
||The shutdown process may stop responding in Windows Server 2008 SP2 or in Windows Vista SP2 after you enable the "Shutdown: Clear virtual memory page file" Group Policy setting
Go to the following Microsoft site to get the detailed information.
- N100, V100, C200
- Edge E320, Edge E325
- L410, L510, L412, L512, L420, L520, L421
- R50, R50e, R50p, R51, R51e, R52, R60, R60e, R60i, R61, R61e, R61i
- R400, R500
- SL300, SL400, SL400c, SL410, SL500, SL500c, SL510
- T41, T41p, T42, T42p, T43, T43p, T60, T60p, T61, T61p
- T400, T400s, T410, T410i, T410s, T410si, T420, T420i, T420s, T420si, T500, T510, T510i, T520, T520i
- W500, W510, W520, W700, W700ds, W701, W701ds
- X31, X32, X40, X41, X41 Tablet, X60, X60s, X60 Tablet, X61, X61s, X61 Tablet
- X100e, X120e, X121e, X200, X200s, X200 Tablet, X201, X201i, X201s X201 Tablet, X220, X220i, X220 Tablet, X220i Tablet, X300, X301
- Z60m, Z60t, Z61e, Z61m, Z61p, Z61t
- Reserve Edition
Supported Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows Vista 32-bit, 64-bit SP1, SP2
- [Important] Important update
- (New) New function or enhancement
- (Fix) Correction to existing function
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad X121e, Edge E320, Edge E325
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad T420, T420i, T420s, T420si, T520, T520i, W520, X220, X220i, X220 Tablet, X220i Tablet
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad L421.
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad L420, L520.
- (New) Initial release.
This section assumes to use Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer.
- Click once on the underlined file name. Once this is done, some pop-up windows will appear.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- In the window to choose Run or Save, click the Save button.
- Choose the folder you would like to download the file to and click the Save button. A different window will appear and the download will begin and complete. Once the download has completed, there may or may not be a message stating that the download completed successfully.
- Locate the folder where the file was downloaded.
- Locate the file that was downloaded and double-click it.
- Follow the instructions on the screen. All the necessary files will be extracted to the folder selected in this step.
- Locate the folder where the files were extracted in the step 7.
- Double-click osv051ww.exe file to extract this package onto the hard drive. The default extraction location is C:\DRIVERS\OSFIXES\VISTA.
- Make sure to be logged on with administrative privileges.
- Go to the folder where this package was extracted in step 9.
- Double-click Windows6.0-KB2295810-86.msu file (for Windows Vista 32-bit) or Windows6.0-KB2295810-64.msu file (for Windows Vista 64-bit).
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete installation and restart the computer.
Finally delete the file saved in Step 4.
- Start Windows and logon with the user ID authorized as an administrator.
- Click Start, and click Control Panel.
- Click Control Panel Home, and click Programs.
- Click View installed updates.
- Select the update module KB2295810 listed under the Microsoft Windows group, and then click Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete uninstallation and restart the computer.