ExpressCache & IFFS Partition Recreation
Use this procedure if you are replacing an mSATA drive
- Determine which configuration your product supports (Cache only or Cache+IFFS)
- Cache only config
- Cache + IFFS config
- Install ExpressCache application in a Windows 7 system.(No mSATA attached)
- Copy the vbs files into any directory, e.g. c:\SWTOOLS\
- Plug mSATA into the unit (ExpressCache and vbs file ready).
- Run cmd.exe with administrator rights (start->all programs->accessories->command prompt)
- cd c:\SWTOOLS\ (go to your vbs directory )
- xxxx.vbs (input corresponding vbs file)
- Press Enter (warning message will popup if mSATA / ExpressCache is not ready or partition exists in mSATA)
- Reboot after successful information appears.
During the running of above vbs file, the following popup message may appear:
- "You have not installed Diskeeper ExpressCache, Please install the Software first"
- Please install ExpressCache application first , then run the vbs file again.
- "There is NO mSATA detected, please check mSATA attached"
- Please plug your mSATA device first, then run the vbs file again.
- "You have partitions on your mSATA device. Please back up and delete it"
- Please run clean_msata.vbs first (same step as above vbs file), then run the previous vbs file again.
: 23 Jul 2013
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved