CD or DVD drive may be loud while playing an audio CD - 3000 C200, N100, V100
|When playing an audio CD, the drive may be noisy and / or vibrate.|
Any 3000 Family notebook with an optical drive such as a CD-ROM or DVD-ROM.
Disable digital audio and enable analog audio.
Note: You must disable digital audio in the Properties window of the DVD-ROM device and in the Windows Media Player.
To disable digital audio and enable analog audio in Windows XP:
- Click Start, then click Control Panel.
- Double-click the System icon. The system properties window appears.
- Click the Hardware tab, then click the Device Manager button. The device manager window appears.
- Click the + sign next to DVD/CD-ROM drives.
- Double-click the DVD-ROM device, then click the Properties tab
- Remove the check beside Enable digital CD audio, then click OK and close Device Manager.
To disable digital audio and enable analog audio in Media Player 8:
- Click Start, click All Programs, select Accessories, select Entertainment, then click Windows Media Player. The Windows media player will appear.
- Click Tools, then click Options.
- Click the Devices tab.
- Double-click the DVD-ROM device, then click the Properties button
- If the Digital radial button is already selected under the Playback heading, click the Analog radial button.
- Click the Apply button, then click OK.
- Click OK to close the Options window.
If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please do try the following options:
1. Lenovo Assisted Search
2. Product usage and general troubleshooting tips
3. Lenovo Support Forum
4. Technical Support Call Centre
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved