ExFat File System can not be defragged - ThinkCenter (All types), ThinkPad (All types), Lenovo 3000 Desktop (All types), Lenovo 3000 Notebook (All types)
After performing the following steps, an error message is displayed:
- Right click exFAT disk -> Disk Properties -> Tools -> Defragmentation -> Defragment Now -> Defragment Now.
- If your system has Diskeeper installed, then after you follow the steps above, it will auto-run after selecting Defragment Now.
- At this point, Diskeeper will inform you that it cannot run on this volume type and there is no exFAT disks listed in the volume listing.
Any of the following systems running Microsoft Windows Vista:
- ThinkCenter (All types)
- ThinkPad (All types)
- Lenovo 3000 desktop (All types)
- Lenovo 3000 notebook (All types)
This is by design in Microsoft Windows Vista Service Pack 1. Defragmentation is not supported on exFAT File system volume types.
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved