For information about the Microsoft Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2) operating system and to obtain installation instructions, go to the Microsoft Web site at:
The following list shows the current Lenovo 3000 and ThinkPad notebook computers that support Windows Vista SP2. Before installing Windows Vista SP2, make sure that your computer is on the list.
- Lenovo 3000 notebook series C200, N200, V200, N500
- ThinkPad X series X60, X60s, X60 Tablet, X61, X61s, X61 Tablet, X200, X200s, X200 Tablet, X300, X301
- ThinkPad T series T60, T60p, T61, T61p, T400, T500
- ThinkPad W series W500, W700, W701
- ThinkPad R series R60, R60e, R61, R61e, R61i, R400, R500
- ThinkPad Z series Z61p, Z61t
- ThinkPad SL series SL300, SL400, SL500
This site contains a set of hints and tips that documents special requirements or considerations for installing and using Windows Vista SP2. In most cases, the computer listed above will have no problem with Windows Vista SP2. However, before you start the installation, it is recommended that you install the latest BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) and drivers on the computer. Click here to check for and obtain the latest BIOS and Drivers for your system.
Before installing any updates, be sure to back up your computer data and ensure that the computer is connected to an ac outlet and has a fully charged battery.
You can update your operating system to Windows Vista SP2 from Windows Vista SP1. Microsoft does not support updating to Windows Vista SP2 from Windows Vista RTM.
The following preloaded applications may experience issues after updating to Windows Vista Service Pack 2: