The system fails to log in to Fingerprint Sensor (FPS) on both Upek FPS and Authentec FPS after upgrading the system from Windows XP Pro to Windows Vista Business
- Install Windows XP Pro and set the Windows password.
- Install Authentec FPS and enroll a fingerprint.
- Upgrade the system to Windows Vista Business (saving all current files).
- Open the Authentec Fingerprint Software using Administrator privileges.
- Enter the password.
- The system fails to log in to the FPS.
- The FPS GUI still displays as it was in the Windows XP Pro program.
Montevina (except boxster) with Authentec FPS 3.1 installed. All other Thinkpad and ThinkCentre computers with Upek FPS installed.
- Export the users' fingerprint data.
- Uninstall the fingerprint application.
- Upgrade the system to Windows Vista.
- Reinstall the FingerPrint software.
- Import the fingerprint data, which was saved before the Vista upgrade.
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved