Unexpected suspend or shutdown due to heavily using processor power applications - ThinkPad X100e
ThinkPad running on Windows XP preload and heavily using processor power applications goes unexpected suspend or shutdown.
The following ThinkPad system running Windows XP:
Install the AMD Processor Power Management Driver for Windows XP - ThinkPad X100e driver . Please read and follow the installation instruction.
To determine whether the correct driver was installed:
- Click Start button on the Windows XP task bar.
- Right-click Computer, and then click Properties.
- At the left pane, click Device Manager.
- Find the AMD Athlon(TM) Neo Processor MV-40 or other AMD processor category.
- You need to install it, if you did not find the device name.
Windows 7 and Vista do not require the AMD Processor Power Management Driver. Those systems have its own power management system.
If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please do try the following options:
1. Lenovo Assisted Search
2. Product usage and general troubleshooting tips
3. Lenovo Support Forum
4. Technical Support Call Centre
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved