The user may see any of the following error messages:
"Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook"
"Failed to register a VB Script DLL. Reinstall or run Regsvr32.exe Vbscript.dll to self register"
"The operation failed"
"Business Contact Manager database cannot be loaded"
The above symptom may occur on the following systems:
- ThinkStation (All types)
- ThinkCentre (All types)
- ThinkPad (All types)
- All Value Line desktops and Value Line notebooks
1. Preload Arabic Enable report with Office 2007 is installed; (Or OS in other languages, such as Hebrew and Russian).
2. Input user name in Arabic (or Hebrew, Russian) during initial install:
3. After preload, enable MSSQL$MSSMLBIZ from Start Menu > Programs > SQL Server 2005 if it's disabled;
4. Launch the Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager the first time from Start Menu, there is an error window "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook";
5. Click OK, Outlook 2007 exits immediately:
6. Launch Outlook 2007 again, after the installation of Office 2007 with trial product key (retrieved by Office Activation Assistant), there a phrase for outlook installation. Then the second error message is seen "Failed to register a VB Script DLL. Reinstall or run Regsvr32.exe Vbscript.dll to self register."
7. Click OK, then the third error message is seen "The operation failed":
8. Click OK, Outlook 2007 exits immediately:
9. After rebooting the system, launch Outlook 2007, the previous error messengers disappeared.
10. While installing Business Contact Manager, the fourth error message is seen, "Business Contact Manager database cannot be loaded."
For error messages listed in steps 4, 6, 7, the workaround is shown in step 9 to reboot the system. This will happen with the localized user name, such as in Arabic, Hebrew, and Russian. It is a known issue by Microsoft with a fix plan in future versions.
For error messages listed in step 10, Arabic is not supported in Business Contact Manager. Workaround is using a supported language in the user's profile.
Here is the list of supported languages of Business Contact Manager:
Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English-US, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese-Brazil, Portuguese-Portugal, Romanian, Russian, Slovakian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish Turkish, Ukrainian.