Included QFE and the description are listed as below:
||Fix for Many services do not start when you enter a computer name that exceeds 15 bytes during the initial setup of Windows Vista or of Windows Server 2008.
Go to the following Microsoft site to get the detailed information.
- Edge E320, Edge E325
- L410, L412, L510, L512, L421, L420, L520
- Reserve Edition
- R50, R50e, R50p, R51, R51e, R52
- R60, R60e, R60i, R61, R61e, R61i
- R400, R500
- SL300, SL400, SL400c, SL410, SL500, SL500c, SL510
- T41, T41p, T42, T42p, T43, T43p
- T60, T60p, T61, T61p
- T400, T400s, T410, T410i, T410s, T410si, T420, T420i, T420s, T420si
- T500, T510, T510i, T520, T520i
- W500, W510, W520
- W700, W700ds, W701, W701ds
- X31, X32
- X40, X41, X41 Tablet
- X60, X60s, X60 Tablet
- X61, X61s, X61 Tablet
- X120e, X121e
- X200, X200s, X200 Tablet
- X201, X201i, X201s, X201 Tablet, X220, X220i, X220 Tablet, X220i Tablet
- X300, X301
- Z60m, Z60t, Z61e, Z61m, Z61p,Z61t
Supported Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows Vista 32-bit, 64-bit SP1, SP2
- [Important] Important update
- (New) New function or enhancement
- (Fix) Correction to existing function
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad X121e, Edge E320, E325
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad T420, T420i, T420s, T420si, T520, T520i, W520, X220, X220i, X220 Tablet, X220i Tablet
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad L421.
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad L420, L520.
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad X120e.
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad X300, G50, R50, R50e, R50p, R51, R51e, R52, R60, R60e, R60i, R61, R61e, R61i, T41, T41p, T42, T42p, T43, T43p, T60, T60p, T61, T61p, X31, X32, X40, X41, X41 Tablet, X60, X60s, X60 Tablet, X61, X61s, X61 Tablet, Z60m, Z60t, Z61e, Z61m, Z61p, Z61t, Reserve Edition, N100, V100 ,C200.
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad L412, L512.
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad W701, W701ds.
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad X201, X201i, X201s, X201 Tablet.
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad T410i, T410s, T410si, T510i.
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad T410, T510, W510.
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad L410, L510, SL410, SL510.
- (New) Initial release.
- (Fix) Corrected the installation instructions section in this README document.
- If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the software. To determine if you should update the software, refer to the Version Information section.
This section assumes to use Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer.
- Click once on the underlined file name. Once this is done, some pop-up windows will appear.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- In the window to choose Run or Save, click the Save button.
- Choose the folder you would like to download the file to and click the Save button. A different window will appear and the download will begin and complete. Once the download has completed, there may or may not be a message stating that the download completed successfully.
- Locate the directory where the file was downloaded.
- Locate the file that was downloaded and double-click it.
- Follow the instructions on the screen. All the necessary files will be extracted to the folder selected in this step.
- Locate the folder where the files were extracted in the step 7.
- Double-click osv041ww.exe file to extract this package onto the hard drive. The default extraction location is C:\DRIVERS\OSFIXES\VISTA.
- Make sure to be logged on with administrative privileges.
- Go to the folder where this package was extracted in step 9.
[Windows Vista 32-bit]
Windows6.0-KB969902-x86.msu file or
[Windows Vista 64-bit]
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete installation and restart the computer.
Finally delete the file saved in Step 4.
- Start Windows and logon with the user ID authorized as an administrator.
- Click Start, and click Control Panel.
- Click Control Panel Home, and click Programs.
- Click View installed updates.
- Select the update module (KB969902) listed under the Microsoft Windows group, and then click Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete uninstallation and restart the computer.