External monitors issues - ThinkPad
- See the External monitor (Flat-Panel and CRT) troubleshooting solutions guide for more information.
Note: Using a resolution lower than the native resolution on flat panel monitors will cause distortion, loss of detail, and general blurriness.
- See the Enabling TV-Out guide for using a TV or projector with the S-Video connection if available.
- Connect a known good external monitor and press the Fn and F7 keys simultaneously to change the display mode.
- The Presentation Director menu window may interfere with the functionality of the Fn and F7 keystroke.
- There are generally three display mode settings to toggle through (LCD, CRT, and both).
- Some ThinkPad models only support two display modes. CRT only or LCD only.
- Verify the cabling and connections between the external CRT monitor and the ThinkPad system external monitor port.
- Remove any signal cable extensions and switch boxes.
Note: Signal cable extensions and switch boxes are not supported.
- Ensure the external display is setup and configured according to the instructions provided by the manufacturer.
- Verify the external display passes any applicable self tests according to the instructions provided by the manufacturer.
- Verify the display settings are supported by the ThinkPad video chipset and the external display.
Note: See the Unsatisfactory video section for more information.
- Verify the external display works on another system if available.
- If these steps have not solved your problem:
Refer to "Need more help?"
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved