Enabling "Cover Tamper Reporting" with the chassis intrusion switch - ThinkCentre M58 (type , 7174, 7187, 7244), M58p (type 7220, 7227, 7188)
System fails to report the following error message with the chassis intrusion switch installed.
# 0176:System Security-The system has been tampered with.
Any of the following systems:
- ThinkCentre M58 (type 7174, 7187, 7244)
- ThinkCentre M58p (type 7220, 7227, 7188)
Note: The system is configured with a chassis intrusion switch
You need to:
- set an Administrator password under the Security tab in BIOS,
- Press F10 save and exit.
- Reboot the system,
- Press F1 to reenter the BIOS setup Utility. This will causes the Cover Tamper Reporting option to appear under the Security tab.
- The option is set to Disabled by default and needs to be Enabled.
- Press F10 Save and Exit.
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved