When running one of the Direct X SDK applications in pivot portrait mode, setting the resolution to 1600x1200 then changing full screen mode, the resolution will change to 1200x1920.
How to recreate the problem:
- Install the DirectX 9.0b SDK application, DirectX Summer 2003 update and patch dx90update_manged.
- Right-click on the desktop, click ATI CATALYST(tm) Control Center, click View tab, then click Advanced View.
- Click Graphics Settings, then click Display Manager.
- Change desktop area resolution to 1600x1200, select refresh rate to 85Hz, then select Rotation to Left (90 deg counter-clock wise), then click OK.
- Run one of the applications.
- Maximize the window to full screen by pressing ALT and Enter simultaneously.
- Press the F2 key to view the Direct3D Settings window. The resolution is changed to 1200x1920 instead of 1600x1200 and the refresh rate supports to 60Hz (maximum) instead of 85Hz
- Set resolution to 1200x1600, the refresh rate just supports to 70Hz (maximum).
Any of the following ThinkCentre systems running Microsoft Windows 2000 or XP, configured with a Display Data Channel (DDC) monitor and either a 64MB ATI X300 SE, 64MB ATI X300 Pro, 128MB ATI X600 Pro, 128MB ATI X300 SE, or 128MB ATI X700 Pro PCIe video adapter:
- ThinkCentre A51 (type 8122, 8123, 8124, 8129, 8131, 8132, 8133, 8134, 8135, 8136, 8137, 8138, 9212)
- ThinkCentre A52 (type 8287, 8296, 8327, 8340, 8343, 8381)
- ThinkCentre M51e (type 9213)
- ThinkCentre M52 (type 8099, 8110, 8111, 8112, 8113, 8114, 8115, 8116, 8211, 8212, 8213, 8214, 8215, 9210, 9211)
- ThinkCentre M52e (type 8299)
This is a current video adapter limitation. No hardware should be replaced for this issue.