The Microsoft Windows 8 Skype Metro App and the Desktop App will not synchronize.
Follow the steps below:
- Launch Skype Metro App on Windows 8 and login it.
- After the Skype successfully Login, press Ctrl + Alt tab.
- Install and access the Desktop Skype (example: Skype 6.0) on Windows 8 and then Log-out to Skype.
- Access Skype via Metro Apps. Notice that user is still logged-in.
The above symptom is associated with, but not limited to, the following systems:
- Idea Tablet
Affected Systems (machine types, model types):
- Systems shipped with Skype
- This is a Skype design. Metro Skype cannot communicate with Desktop Skype.