The user is unable to find or launch the Access Help after installation on non-Lenovo preloaded systems.
Follow the steps below to recreate this issue:
- Download the Access Help file from the following URL below and click on the Download link for your system:
- Download the executable (EXE) file and follow the Installation Instructions in the Download link to install the EXE file.
- After successful installation, the user will see that there is no shortcut to find or launch the Access Help software and it is not found in the ThinkVantage folder as in Microsoft Windows XP.
- The Access Help is installed successfully from Control Panel Home and under Uninstall or Change a Program as shown in the screenshot below:
The above symptom is associated with, but not limited to, the following ThinkPad systems:
- Edge E10, Edge 11, Edge 13 (0217, 0221, 0250), Edge E31
- L410, L510, L412, L512
- R400, R500
- SL410, SL510
- T400, T400s, T410, T410i, T410s, T410si, T500, T510, T510i
- W500, W510, W700, W700ds, W701, W701ds
- X100e, X120e, X200, X200s, X200 Tablet, X201, X201i, X201s, X201 Tablet
- Create a shortcut and place on the desktop.
- Go to the folder: C:\DRIVERS\WIN\AHLP\Help
- Right-click any of the CHM files and create a shortcut as shown in the screenshot below:
- Go to the desktop and rename the newly created shortcut to Access Help.
- Right click on the icon and rename the file to Access Help.
- Click on Browse and type in the following folder: C:\DRIVERS\WIN\AHLP\APP
- Click on AccessHelp.ico.
- The user can then see the icon as shown below:
- Browse to the folder where the Access Help was installed using Windows Explorer and run the CHM file. The default folder path for Access Help installation is: C:\DRIVERS\WIN\AHLP\Help
- Double click on any of the CHM files in this folder. The user can then use the software as usual.