"Restore to Factory Contents" option does not appear under "Restore My System" in the Predesktop Area and the system cannot boot Windows or an Internet connection is unavailable.
The following Lenovo systems may be affected by this symptom:
- Lenovo 3000
- Boot the system to the predesktop area, either via F11, ThinkVantage button or Rescue CD.
- Once in the predesktop area, hold down the shift, ctrl and alt keys and click Restart. A command prompt window will appear.
- At the prompt, type "Regedit" and press Enter to bring up the Registry Editor.
- Browse to the following key:
- For Think systems:set this key to 0.
- For Lenovo 3000 and IdeaPad systems, set this key to 1.
- Close the Registry Editor and type "exit" at the command prompt to close the window.
- Click "Restore My System."
- The "Restore to Factory Contents" option will now appear.