Screen may be locked by Windows key + "L" or when screensaver activates with password protection option enabled. Pressing Fn+F3 should still blank the screen, but this fails on some systems.
The following ThinkPad systems running Microsoft Windows XP and Windows Vista maybe affected by this symptom
- ThinkPad Reserve Edition
- ThinkPad R51e, R52
- ThinkPad R60, R60e, R61, R61e, R61i
- ThinkPad R400, R500
- ThinkPad SL300, SL400, SL500
- ThinkPad T400, T500
- ThinkPad T43, T43p
- ThinkPad T60, T60p, T61, T61p
- ThinkPad W500, W700
- ThinkPad X32
- ThinkPad X40, X41, X41 Tablet
- ThinkPad X60, X60s, X60 Tablet, X61, X61s, X61 Tablet
- ThinkPad X200, X200s, X200 Tablet, X300, X301
- ThinkPad Z60m, Z60t, Z61e, Z61m, Z61p, Z61t
Click here to download and install Power Manager for Windows Vista , Version: 2.37 Release Date: 2008/12/01 or later for Windows Vista.
Click here to download and install Power Manager for Windows XP, 2000 Version: 1.47 Release Date: 2008/09/29 or later for Windows XP or 2000.