|Monitor Size||17.0-in (432-mm) LCD|
|Viewable image size||17.0 in (432 mm)|
|Maximum viewable area (W x H)||338 x 270 mm|
|Native resolution||1280 x 1024|
|Contrast ratio (typical)||800 : 1|
|Brightness (typical)||250 cd/m2|
|Viewing angle (typical)||Horizontal: 160 degrees (at 10:1 contrast ratio)|
| ||Vertical: 160 degrees (at 10:1 contrast ratio)|
|Response time (typical)||5 ms|
|Pixel pitch||0.264 mm|
|Video input||VGA Analog, DVI Digital|
|Signal cable - 15-pin D||1.8 m|
|Signal cable - DVI-D||1.8 m|
|Tilt||0 degrees forward|
|30 degrees backward|
|Swivel||+/- 45 degrees|
|Height adjustment||110 mm|
|Pivot||Yes (graphic card dependent)|
|Soundbar Attachment||ThinkVision USB Soundbar|
|Kensington Lock slot||Yes|
|Preset display modes||21|
|User defined display modes||20|
|VESA DDC capable||2B/CI|
|ISO 13406-Part 2||Yes|
|Power management capable||Yes - VESA DPMS|
|Power supply||Universal Voltage (100 to 240 VAC)|
|Power cord - detached||1.8 meter|
|FCC B compliance||Yes|
|MPR-2 Emission compliance||Yes|
|MPR-3 Emission compliance||Yes|
|TCO'03 Environmental Label||Yes|
|EU Directive 2002/95/EC (RoHS)||Yes|
|EU Directive 2002/96/EC (WEEE)||Yes|
* Dimension is for minimum lift. The height at maximum lift is 18.74 inches (476.1 mm).
|Width||14.62 in (371.3 mm)||17.72 in (450 mm)|
|Depth||8.79 in (223.3 mm)||15.00 in (381 mm)|
|Height||14.41 in (366.1 mm)*||9.06 in (230 mm)|
|Weight||10.52 lb (4.78 kg)||14.10 lb (6.40kg)|
- Input voltage: 100 to 240 V ac +/- 10% (universal voltage)
- Frequency: 50/60 Hz +/-3 Hz
- Power consumption:
- Maximum: 21 watts
- Typical: 16 watts typical (Typical power consumption is tested under EPA 4.1 standard)
- Standby: <1 watts
- Off: < 0.5 watts
- Maximum earth leakage current:
- < 3.5 mA at 264 V
- < 0.25 mA at 100 V
|Operating||10 to 45 deg.C||10 to 80 %||0 to 8,000 ft (2,438.4 m)|
|Shipping||-20 to 60 deg. C||5 to 95 %||0 to 40,000 ft (12,192 m)|
|Storage||-20 to 60 deg. C||5 to 95 %||0 to 12,000 ft (12,192 m)|
Declared acoustical noise emissions LWAU = 4.5 bels or less. The noise emission level stated is the declared (upper limit) A-weighted sound power level, in bels, for a random sample of monitors. All measurements are made in accordance with ANSI S12.10 and reported in conformance with ISO/DIS 7779.
- One monitor
- Attached lift, tilt, swivel, pivot, and height adjustment stand
- Attached 1.8-meter (5.9-foot) analog and video (15-pin D to 15-pin D) cable
- Detached 1.8-meter (5.9-foot) digital (DVI-D to DVI-D) cable
- Power cord
- A 3 -> 2 pin AC adapter (Japan only)
- A Japanese proof of purchase card (Japan only)
- A CD containing multilingual user's guide, setup test pattern, and .INF file
- Setup poster
- Safety, troubleshooting, and warranty guide
Note: With the exception of the models for U.S., Canada, and Japan, the power cords (based on the country order code) are supplied by distribution centers.
Three years - Customer Carry-in or Mail-in using Rapid Replacement Service
- Announce date: 17 Sep 2008 (Worldwide)
- Planned availability date: 19 Sep 2008 (Worldwide)
The display is intended to operate with system units or video adapters that generate a video output signal falling within the following specification:
|Maximum addressability (pixels)||1280 x 1024|
|Maximum pixel rate (MHz)||135|
The monitor supports VESA Standard Timings as detailed in "Display Monitor Timing Specification," Version 1.0, Revision 0.8, dated September 17, 1998, for the following modes:
- VGA: 640 x 480 at 60, 66, 72, and 75 Hz
- SVGA: 800 x 600 at 60, 72 and 75 Hz
- XGA: 1024 x 768 at 60, 70, and 75 Hz
- SXGA: 1280 x 1024 at 60, 70, 72 and 75 Hz
This monitor also supports the following modes:
- 640 x 350 at 70 Hz
- 720 x 400 at 70 Hz
Note: National language support is a function of the video adapter in the system unit and the application or support software.
(H x V Pixels)
|Incoming video refresh rate|
|640 x 350||70 Hz|
|640 x 480||60 Hz|
|720 x 400||70 Hz|
|800 x 600||56 Hz|
|832 x 624||75 Hz|
|1024 x 768||60 Hz|
|1152 x 864||75 Hz|
|1280 x 720||60 Hz|
|1280 x 768||60 Hz|
|1280 x 1024||60 Hz|
The preset modes cannot be overwritten, but can be adjusted to personal choice. The new settings are stored automatically in one of the user locations and are recalled each time that mode is used. The factory settings for the mode in use, if any, can be restored by operating the reset control.
Information about the current incoming display mode is shown in the on-screen displays. However, it is displayed at the LCD panel's optimum refresh rate of 60 Hz.
It may be necessary to make some adjustments to the displayed image to compensate for variations in video signal timings. The user controls can be used to make these adjustments.
The ThinkVision L1700p 17-inch LCD Monitor (9417-HE2) is supplied with a detachable 1.8 meter (5.9 ft) video signal cable. The two cables included are: 15-Pin D-shell analog cable and a DVI-D digital cable.
This monitor has been tested with ThinkCentre and ThinkPad systems and is compatible with systems and graphics adapters which comply with the relevant parts of "VESA and industry standards and guidelines for com- puter display monitor timing" Version 1.0 Revision 0.8, adopted September 17, 1998. Supported display modes and number of colors are a function of the attaching system unit. The full range of display modes, refresh rates, and number of colors available with this monitor may not be available or supported with all combinations of system units, their operating systems, and application software. Implementation of monitor Plug and Play follows the VESA DDC standard. This standard must also be implemented in the attaching system unit hardware and software to be effective.
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Microsoft Windows 2000
- TCO-03 (9417HE2) - Europe/Middle East/Africa
- MPR-3 (Sweden)
- ISO 13406 Part 2
- ENERGY STAR (U.S.)
- Microsoft Logo - Windows 2000/XP
- UL (U.S.)
- CSA/cUL (Canada)
- IEC950 CB Report
- NEMKO (Norway)
- DEMKO (Denmark)
- FIMKO (Finland)
- TUV (Germany)
- CCC (China)
- PSB (Singapore)
- Green Mark (Taiwan)
- UL-S (Argentina)
- FCC B (U.S.)
- IC (Canada)
- CE (Europe)
- MIC (Korea)
- VCCI Class B (Japan)
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Supported display modes are a function of the attaching system unit and video subsystem. The full range of display modes available with these monitors may not be available or supported with all combinations of system units, their operating systems, video adapter cards, and application software.
- Horizontal- and vertical-synchronization signal timings are critical in order to achieve acceptable screen images. As a consequence, support for all possible variations in H- and V-sync timings for any display mode cannot be assumed.
- Adjustment of the user controls to enlarge the image to its maximum size requires that the signal timings of the display mode being used fall within the monitor-timing specifications.
- The number of colors shown in any display mode will exceed 16 million and dependent on the capabilities of the video adapter in the system unit.
- The ThinkVision L1700p provides FCC class B - residential installation - compliance in all display modes.
- Implementation of monitor power management follows the VESA DPMS standard. This standard must also be implemented in the attaching system unit hardware and software for monitor power management to be effective. The system implementation must provide user-adjustable, power-down delay periods. The monitor power management function is invoked only after appropriate signals are received from an attached system unit or video adapter.
- Implementation of monitor Plug and Play follows the VESA DDC standard. This standard must also be implemented in the attaching system unit hardware and software for monitor Plug and Play to be effective.
- Certain functions require the system unit to be similarly configured, so all monitor functions may not be enabled when attached to a particular system unit.
- The Lenovo Thinkvision L1700p meets the ISO 13406-2 Class 2 Pixel Defect Standard.
- Use of 50% gray background is not recommended since some users may experience undesirable FOS effects.