The ThinkServer(TM) EasyStartup(TM) program guides you through the steps to configure your RAID controller and disk array, create a response file and perform unattended installations of supported Microsoft© Windows© operating systems, Linux© operating systems and associated device drivers.
- ThinkServer RS140
- ThinkServer TS140
- ThinkServer TS440
- Click the file link to download the file.
- When prompted, select a drive and directory in which to save the downloaded file.
- Create a bootable DVD from the ISO file, easystartupv3.8.1g.iso.
- Reboot or power on your server.
- Insert the EasyStartup DVD into your DVD-ROM drive.
- Follow the steps to use EasyStartup. Refer to the User Guide and On-line Help for more usage instructions.
Click here to view the ThinkServer EasyStartup v3.8.1g - Hints and Tips
- Problem: The response file for unattended installation of the operating system cannot be stored on USB flash drive with NTFS file system.The user must create a FAT32 file system partition on the USB Flash drive.
Workaround: Create a FAT32 file system partition on the USB Flash drive before saving the response file.
- Problem: If a user uses one X540-T2 and two X520-SR2 or X520-DA2 adapters at the same time, the Linux OS installation may fail.
Workaround: Please install the OS manually with below parameters input. This configuration is scheduled to be supported in the next release of EasyStartup.
- Problem: If the user selects the option to "Install the operating system using a preexisting response file", all the data on other partitions will be deleted.
Workaround: The user must select "Continue to the main interface" in order to save their data on the other partitions.
- Problem: When using the side digital keyboard to type in the text fields, the focus will not automatically move to the next textbox.
Workaround: The user should use the regular keys to type and the focus will automatically move to the next textbox.
- Problem: If the user enters the ‘%’ character in the IP Address field, the user will be allowed to input it in the text field.
Workaround: Even though the user can input an invalid character such as '%', when the user selects Next it will warn the user that they have entered an invalid character and cannot proceed with the configuration.
- Problem: Use EasyStartup via remote management model, switch the focus between left and right panel by keyboard will fail on the remote console window, easy start up can’t support this function.
Workaround: The user should use the mouse to switch the focus between the left and right panel.