Follow the steps below to set the MTM and serial number using Phoenix BIOS Winphlash.exe.
- Once the Flash over OS package has been extracted, run Phoenix BIOS Winphlash.exe and click on the Advanced Settings button as shown. Uncheck the first three options IF the BIOS version is the SAME or older than the one currently installed, otherwise, Winphlash will not run.
- Select the DMI tab and choose the Update DMI and the BIOS(renew DMI) option from the Update Mode pull-down menu. Select SYSTEM from the Category pull-down menu.
- Highlight the PRODUCT ID entry and click EDIT to modify the PRODUCT ID entry, adding your machine type and model information.
- Highlight and click EDIT to modify the Serial Number entry adding the system's SERIAL Number and click OK to return to the main Winphlash screen.
- Click on FLASH BIOS to start the update process.
- Reboot when update process is complete.
The above information is associated with all systems using the Phoenix BIOS WinPhlash, but not limited to, the following systems:
- ThinkCentre M58 (all models)
- ThinkCentre M58p (all models)
- ThinkStation D10 (all models)
- ThinkStation D20 (all models)
- ThinkStation S10 (all models)
- ThinkStation S20 (all models)
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition