This article is about how to deal with WLAN connection failure or the prompting error of unidentified network.
The above symptom may occur on the following systems:
All Idea Laptops
All Idea Desktops
1. Please refer to “How to enable or disable WLAN card (or Bluetooth) of your computer”. Verify whether Lenovo WLAN settings window (or icon) pops up.
2. If there is no pop-up window or icon, please go to Lenovo official site to download and reinstall the drivers of Energy Management software, WLAN card and shortcut key. Drivers and software download.
(1) Make sure the physical switch of WLAN card is switched on prior to installing driver.
(2) If the drivers of Energy Management software, WLAN card and shortcut key are not properly installed or the versions are incorrect, the WLAN card will be unable to enable or set.
3. Please refer to “How to configure and connect to WLAN” and set your WLAN correctly. See whether the problem is resolved.
(1) If there was an access point in the past, delete it and reconfigure.
(2) If password was set for your WLAN, re-input the network secret key and click “Connect”.
(3) If your WLAN adopts DHCP to assign IP, please set “Obtain an IP address automatically”.
Lenovo, Lenovo 3000, IdeaCentre and IdeaPad are trademarks of the Lenovo Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Microsoft and Windows are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Other company, product, or service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.