Issue is with the Windows 7 default font Segoe UI which has been corrupted. See the screenshot below.
The symptom above may occur to the following systems:
All Idea Laptops and Desktops with Windows 7
As font is in use by the system can not be deleted.
Using another PC (or a virtual machine installation), we navigate through the UI and change the default font to another one (http://windows.microsoft.com/is-IS/windows7/change-Windows-fonts)
1. Go to Control Panel --> In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and metrics.
2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list
3. In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.
4. In the Size list, click the font size that you want.
5. In the Color list, click the font color that you want.
6. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.
Once the font is changed, restart and overwrite the "Segoe UI" font with a clean one from anotehr PC and change it back.