System cannot enter the BIOS setup menu using the password set by SRDOS. This only occurs with the BIOS level 21A, and older, when using specific passwords.
The above symptom is associated with, but not limited to, the following systems:
- ThinkCentre M72e Tiny (with 21A, and older version BIOS)
- Use the utility SRDOS to change the password to another one. For example, if the previous power-on password that set by SRDOS is "123", then use the command “srdos.exe /newpop 456 /pass 123” to change "123" to a new password of "456".
- Enter the BIOS Setup using the password “456” and then clear the password.
- Update the BIOS to the latest F4KT22A, or later.
- Reset the password to “123” with the command “srdos.exe /newpop 123”.