How to enable touchpad to have scrolling function or “virtual scrolling” function similar to external Mouse?
The above symptom may occur on the following systems:
Lenovo3000 G230/G430/G530/Y310/ G460
To achieve this function, you have to download and install corresponding touchpad driver. In addition, when performing this function, you need to slide along the scrolling line on the right of the touchpad. Take IdeaPad Y650 for example, the scrolling line is shown as Fig.1:
Steps to download drivers:
Go to http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/default.page? -->enter your machine information like B560 in the product search box ---> click the green button besides the box --> select your machine like Lenovo B560 Notebook. Then you can see all the drivers, download what you need accordingly.
To enable touchpad scrolling, it is need to set relevant options of “Mouse” in “Control Panel” as shown in the following figures (The following figures may vary from your machine due to different driver versions).
1. Synaptics touchpad setting method:
(1) Double-click “Mouse” -->“Mouse properties” --> click "Settings" under "Device Settings”. See Fig.3:
(2) Click “Virtual scrolling” and select “Enable Vertical Scrolling”.
2. ALPS touchpad setting method:
Double-click “Mouse” --> click the “Gestures” tag --> select “Use scrolling”. See Fig.5:
3. ELANTECH (KTP) touchpad setting method: