Only LID setting is set to 'Do Nothing' and connected external display device condition, screen resolution changes after close the LID. Screen resolution restored properly after open the LID, but some desktop icon location has changed.
Any of the following ThinkPad systems configured with integrated Intel Graphics running Windows XP.
- ThinkPad X200, X300, X301, T400, T500, R400, R500
Workaround : It is possible to prevent this problem after executing the following operation.
- Connect the external monitor and external mouse to the system.
- Confirm that LID setting is 'Do nothing'
- Close the LID.
- Right click the Windows Desktop by external mouse.
- Select the 'Properties', you can see the 'Display Properties' window.
- Select the 'Setup' page.
- Change the display resolution from 'Screen Resolution' part.
- Press 'OK' button
- 'Monitor Settings' windows appears on the screen, press 'Yes' button in it.