The following instructions explain how to Insert a CD into the CD-ROM, CD-RW, or DVD drive on any ThinkPad system with a CD-ROM, CD-RW, or DVD drive.
- Not all ThinkPad systems come with a CD-ROM, CD-RW, or DVD drive installed internally to the computer.
- The format capabilities of the drive are listed on the label on the external cover of the drive.
- The CD-ROM, CD-RW, or DVD drive can be opened using the emergency eject hole if the drive will not open and a disc needs to be removed.
- Open the drive tray using the drive eject button - do not force or pry the tray open. The tray will pop out partially.
- Slide drive tray out fully.
Attention: Do not touch the drive lens.
- Align the center hole of CD with the drive spindle
- Install the CD by pressing the CD near the center until all 3 positive lock-down devices on the drive spindle lock into place.
Note: The CD must be installed into and not merely placed onto the tray.
- Carefully close tray.