The ThinkServer(TM) EasyStartup(TM) program guides you through the steps to configure your RAID controller and disk array, create a response file and perform unattended installations of supported Microsoft® Windows® operating systems, Linux® operating systems and associated device drivers.
Supports the following server systems:
Before using this product, be aware of the following:
- 1GB or more of memory recommended
- This product is for use with Lenovo server models only.
- To use this product, the server must have a DVD drive that is configured as the first startup (boot) device in the BIOS.
- You must have an installation disc for the operating system you want to install and a valid license for that operating system. If a product key was provided with the installation disc, you will need the product key also.
- The drive or stroage adapter on which you want to install the operating system must be set as the boot disk in BIOS or uEFI.
- Click the file link to download the file from the Web page.
- When prompted, select a drive and directory in which to save the downloaded file.
- Create a bootable DVD from the ISO file, easystartupv3.7.11d.iso
- Reboot or power on your server.
- Insert the EasyStartup DVD into your DVD-ROM drive.
- Follow the steps to use EasyStartup. Refer to the User Guide and On-line Help for more usage instructions.
- Problem: Installation of Windows 2012 R2 ROK would be failed by EasyStartup.
Workaround: Download drivers from Lenovo support website and install the OS by the OS disc manually. The unattended installation for windows 2012 R2 ROK by EasyStartup can be supported in September,2014.
- Problem: The response file for unattended installation of the operating system cannot be stored on USB flash drive
Workaround: Create a FAT32 file system partition on the USB Flash drive before saving the response file.
- Problem: If the user selects the option to "Install the operating system using a preexisting response file", all the data on other partitions will be deleted.
Workaround: The user must select "Continue to the main interface" in order to save their data on the other partitions.
- Problem: When using the side digital keyboard to type in the text fields, the focus will not automatically move to the next textbox.
Workaround: The user should use the regular keys to type and the focus will automatically move to the next textbox.
- Problem: If the user enters the ‘%’ character in the IP Address field, the user will be allowed to input it in the text field.
Workaround: Even though the user can input an invalid character such as '%', when the user selects Next it will warn the user that they have entered an invalid character and cannot proceed with the configuration.
- Problem: Use EasyStartup via remote management model, switch the focus between left and right panel by keyboard will fail on the remote console window, easy start up can’t support this function.
Workaround: The user should use the mouse to switch the focus between the left and right panel.
ThinkServer EasyStartup v3.7.11d - Hints and Tips
Please click here to view ThinkServer EasyStartup v3.7.11d - Hints and Tips