|Any system with the following video cards support the extended desktop functionality: |
- ATI Mobility Radeon or FireGL
- Intel 900 or Intel 950
- nVIDIA GeForce
To determine the type of video card installed on your system, perform the following steps:
To use this feature, an external monitor must be attached to the VGA port on the ThinkPad or 3000 Family notebook. Normal display settings should be set in Presentation Manager.
- Click Start, right-click My Computer, then click Properties.
- Click the Hardware tab, then click Device Manager.
- Expand the Display adapters section to display the type of video card installed on the system.
The VGA port is is color coded blue. Find this port either in the back or on the side of the system, or on the port replicator, docking station, or mini-dock attached to the system. Ensure that the monitor is connected to the VGA port, plugged in to the power outlet, and powered on.
- Start presentation manager by pressing Fn and F7.
- Select Use my normal display settings.
- Press the escape key to exit Presentation manager.
- Right-click the desktop, and then click Properties.
- In the Display Properties dialog box, select the Settings tab.
- Click the Display list and select your external monitor.
Note: For help identifying the monitors, click Identify.
- Select Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor, then click Apply or OK.