Warning: There are two versions of BIOS image included in the package.
- Version 2.70 is compatible with machines of which the current BIOS version is 2.70 or lower.
- Version 4.20 is compatible with machines of which the current BIOS version is 3.20 or higher
The batch file will automatically detect and update the right version of BIOS image which is compatible with your machine.
This BIOS update package enables you to update the server BIOS.
- ThinkServer TS430 (type 0387, 0388, 0389, 0390, 0391, 0392, 0393, 0441)
- Red Hat Enterprice Linux 5.6 64-bit
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.7 64-bit
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.8 64-bit
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.10 64-bit
- Red Hat Enterprice Linux 6.0 64-bit
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2 64-bit
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.3 64-bit
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5 64-bit
- SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 sp4 64-bit
- SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 sp1 64-bit
- SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 sp2 64-bit
- Click the file link to download.
- When prompted, select a drive and directory in which to save the downloaded file.
To update the server BIOS using this BIOS update package, do the following:
Attention: Do not turn off your server when updating the BIOS, otherwise the BIOS will fail to be updated and the system will fail to restart.
- Make sure the compiler suite(gcc) must be installed(select Development during install OS).
If these packages are not installed, the driver CANNOT be built.
- Please don`t use XEN mode.(not select virtualization during install OS, or you need build kernel)
- Close all open applications.
- Download the package,extract and copy the extracted package to root:\ .
- Enter the extracted package folder.
- Start the update process according to below cases:
- If the current BIOS version is 2.70 or lower, please run the step1.sh to start the update process. When there is "[SDP Message]:Version Control is done,Please Reboot System" shown, the whole update process is complete .
- If the current BIOS version is 3.20 or higher, please run the Step1.bat to start the update process. When there is "[SDP Message]:If you want to restore BIOS settings, please execute < step2.sh> after reboot" shown, if you do not want to restore settings the whole update process is complete. If you want to restore BIOS settings, please reboot sytem and enter the package folder then run the Step2.sh. When there is message "Script file imported successfully" shown, the whole update process is complete .
Notice 1 : At the first time after you flash BIOS, system may reboot automatically when boot to device or enter RAID WebBIOS. It is normal.
Notice 2 : After executing the Step1.bat and reboot, if your system is configured with LSI9240/ LSI 9260 RAID card and UEFI operation system, when it fails to boot to operation system, you need to enter BIOS SETUP and set "BootOptions"->"CSM parameters"->¡°Launch Storage OpROM policy¡±to "UEFI only" manually.
Notice 3 : On some SUSE OS , if there is "make:*** [clean] Error 1" message displayed when run step1.sh, please ignore it. It will not affect the flash process.